Re: [xslt] decimal char problem

On Don, 2001-09-13 at 12:02, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > Is there any change to get the result from libxslt with decimal Chars
> > instead hexadecimal???
>
>   Well, I suppose you asked for HTML output. Then the only way to
> fix it is in the libxml2 code to switch to decimal charrefs in the
> serialization code.

Ok, but isn't it easier to introduce a parameter which does the
switch if needed? Unfortunately i don't know if decimal or hexadecimal
is prescribed in html.If we patch this function generally, there's only
a decimal encoding in the xml output.

>   Can you provide a test and stylesheet exhibiting the error, because
> for HTML output the processor output the UTF8 value:

Unfortunately I have to admit, that i didn't understand this
sentence... please find attached two files which do the transformation.

>   If you generate XML and feed Netscape with it, I expect far more things
> to break actually !

We generate html and don't have any problems with netscape except the
encoding.

Oliver Feige