Re: [xslt] Relase of xsldbg-0.7.9, : release of xsldbg-0.8.1

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 05:37:37PM +1000, Keith Isdale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well what a response to a request for comments. I'm not  impressed with the
> threat either.

  Not a threat, a question! If really the existing API had been broken to
the point of being unusable in practice, I was ready to start checking what
where the deployed software already relying on it, to see if the dependancy
could be removed until the API get fixed. And this wasn't a fun process
I tell you ...

> That being said I've made a new release taged rel-0-8-1 in xsldb's cvs .
> Which removes these problems. And yes I CAN guarantee that the breakpointAPI
> will NOT change.

  Sorry but that was a serious problem. I have to provide compatibility
at that point and if suddenly the KDE-2.2.2 binaries don't work any more
because the shared library for libxsltdebug they are linked against changed
its API, I will be the one who whill have to handle this :-\

> The previous code that was in breakpointAPI.tar.gz and
> libxslt-1.0.7_ki_0.7.9.diff is NOT required. All breakpoint  functionality
> has now moved to xsldbg. The existing code in libxslt is STILL required for

  Excellent, so it is possible to implement the required functionalities
on top of the existing API.

> xsldbg to work
>

> For the files see
>  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=35673
>   or
>  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=35673
>
> The sourceforge documentation is out of date and will be fixed later.
>
> Attached is a small diff for libxslt-1.08 to fix the discussed usues.

  Okay, I will look at it,