Re: [xslt] Relase of xsldbg-0.7.9

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 08:32:21PM +1000, Keith Isdale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a major new release of xsldbg. The breapointAPI has been rebuilt to

  I just looked at it with the idea of a new release.
It's not a rebuilt, it is a complete change !!!
The library doesn't even compile by lacking an include after the
patch,
  dbgbreakpoint.c:13:44: breakpoint/breakpointInternals.h: No such file or directory

Seriously it's a complete madness. I told the library would enter a freeze,
changing completely the breakpoint API is not proper. It it was only
monor additions to the API this might have been Okay, but you are
*changing the signature* of API entry points. This is not acceptable :-(

> Daniel would you advise on how you wish to approach discussion on these
> changes.

  I won't apply the patches. If you can't garantee to not change the breakpoint
API tell me as soon as possible, I will desactivate it from the libxslt build.
The reason that code is shipped with libxslt is because it is required
to allow plugging in the debugger support. I really expected this API to not
change, it is a simple way to plug you own code in.

  Sorry but it seems there have been a miscommunication, the breakpoint
API must not change.