[xslt] Re: xslt digest, Vol 1 #67 - 6 msgs

>  Oh, one more thing I forgot about writing apache modules. In the apache
> 1.3.x
> model, the server forks so ther is no need to have a MT safe lib. I
> think that
> with apache 2.0 we'll face troubles if libxml2 and libxslt are not
> thread safe.
> Especially on Solaris (I don't know for others) this implies to compile
> with
> the -D_REENTRANT flag. So it would be good to add a configure option,
> eg --solaris-reentrant.

there is also a need to removeany global variables, and at the
moment there are quite a few.

one of the things i wanted to investigate, but the code dependencies
ran too deep, was to be able to pass in a different set of
memory-routines, and string-handling (apr_memsys_xxx and apr_iconv
spring to mind).  that would make a _truly_ powerful set of libraries.

but if i was going to do it, i wouldn't do so without consulting
you, daniel :)

all best,

luke.