[xslt] Port to windows

I've managed to compile libxslt under Windows (MSVC) and will gladly
send patches but have one question: is it ok to use the same design as
in libxml, where we have libxml.h (libxslt.h) which is just

#ifdef WIN32
#include "win32config.h"
#else
#include "config.h"   // that would be xsltconfig.h
#endif

I'm asking because I've noticed that xsltproc includes xsltconfig.h
directly (should be changed to compile under Win) and other programs are
probably doing the same (but probably there are that many of them yet).

Another thing is: I would like libxslt to be compilable straight out of
CVS without the need to run ./autogen.sh (something you obviously can't
do under Windows). The only things that makes it impossible is
LIBXSLT_VERSION_STRING (again, generated by ./configure from
xsltconfig.h, and defined in confdefs.h). I've just defined it
explicitly in win32config.h but that means more effort maintaining this.
Does anyone can think of a nice solution to this problem (i.e., have
LIBXSLT_VERSION_STRING defined in such a way so that ./autogen.sh,
./configure doesn't have to be run)?

Thanks,