Re: [xslt] omit-xml-declaration

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 05:18:03PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 05:18:33AM +1000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm trying to use the omit-xml-declaration output thingo, and no
> > matter what I do, it doesn't seem to work.
> [...]
> >   outdoc = xsltApplyStylesheet(xmldb_ss, d, 0);
>
>   the declaration is added at serialization time. You have to use
> one of the xsltSaveResultTo...() routines for it to take effect.
> If you need to reproduce the same in your code look at
>   xsltSaveResultTo() near the omitXmlDecl usage.

Ah, ok.  I've been simply using xmlDocDump...() calls, assuming it knew about
any processing methods/instructions automatically.  Changing over to
htmlDocDump...() calls seems to do the trick for my purposes.  Is it ok to use
these if they provide all I need, or is there good reason to explicitly use an
xmlOutputBuffer?

Thanks,
--
Pete Ryland