[xslt] Re: xslt digest, Vol 1 #59 - 14 msgs

> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:21:21 +0100 (BST)
> From: Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org>
> To: "xslt@gnome.org" <xslt@gnome.org>
> Subject: Re: [xslt] introduction, xvl.
>
> If you want something programming based, "standardised", and using only
> one input file, you might want to look into XSP (eXtensible Server Pages)
> from the Apache Cocoon project, also implemented in AxKit (now on CVS
> using a LibXML based parser).

thanks matt!  will investigate :)

> Message: 11
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:57:48 -0400
> From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com>
> To: xslt@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [xslt] introduction, xvl.

>   This 'prospective' thread is interesting. I will throw 2 more ideas
> in the bag:
>    - how useful/hard would it be to implement an Apache transformation
>      module based directly on libxslt, I think I got this question a couple
>      of time during the last week

well, if you defined some sort of <xsld:...> namespace, which
took in the template name, the stylesheet name, and the HTML POST / GET
names/values as 'parameters', well.... very easily, is the answer.

it took me about an hour to get something like this working for
xvl last night [hooray!]

> Message: 13
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:34:16 +0100 (BST)
> From: Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org>
> To: "xslt@gnome.org" <xslt@gnome.org>
> Subject: Re: [xslt] introduction, xvl.
>
> Fortunately AxKit answers most of them, and now a fair bit of the code is
> implemented in C anyway, with Perl just used to increase flexibility (e.g.
> it's a hell of a lot easier to cache things in a child-global hash with
> perl). We're moving more code into C every day.

have you investigated apr?  there exists tables (with hashing already)
arrays etc, i'm using it heavily in xvl.

> So, the question of "can we have a mod_xslt that's as flexible as Cocoon?"
> is answered with "Yes, we have AxKit". *

:)  definitely have to investigate :)  the perl-bits put me off, though.o
are those optional?

all best everyone,

luke