Re: [xslt] Debug by default still

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 05:51:39PM +0200, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> At 10:32 AM 7/17/01 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Can you try to get an idea why people are objecting doing this ?
>
> We found that in combination with Matt Sergeant's XML::LibXSLT module, a
> speed penalty of 50% or more is not uncommon, especially in a mod_perl
> environment.  This is probably due to Perl catching all the debug
> messages.  It caught us by surprise: we realized something fishy was going
> on when benchmarking revealed almost no difference between writing xml out
> to files and executing xsltproc and executing pre-compiled xml and
> stylesheets from memory.

  Hum, so basically currently AxKit does ask for error messages to be
generated and handles whether they should be output or not at it's
own level. That's not what I had in mind when I gave the profiling result.
In that case the internal libxslt function is called but the debug
formatting string is not generated, and should not if AxKit didn't ask
for this formatting to occur.

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com