Re: [xslt] Debug by default still

At 10:32 AM 7/17/01 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Can you try to get an idea why people are objecting doing this ?

We found that in combination with Matt Sergeant's XML::LibXSLT module, a
speed penalty of 50% or more is not uncommon, especially in a mod_perl
environment.  This is probably due to Perl catching all the debug
messages.  It caught us by surprise: we realized something fishy was going
on when benchmarking revealed almost no difference between writing xml out
to files and executing xsltproc and executing pre-compiled xml and
stylesheets from memory.

Elizabeth Mattijsen