Re: FAQ (was Re: [xslt] How to use command line variables?)

Sorry for the late reply but I was in vacations.

John Fleck a écrit :

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:02:20AM +0200, Thomas Broyer wrote:
> >
> > Isn't it a FAQ?
> > The values are XPath expressions. If you want to set a string value, you
> > have to use «--param my-global-param "'the-value'"» for example, or
> > «--param my-global-param \"the-value\"»

Thanks very much, it works fine!

> > Also, be sure to have a top-level <xsl:param name="my-global-variable"/> in
> > your stylesheet (they are commented out in your example)

Right. It's strange I have no warning when running xsltproc...

> [...]
> In the meantime, I also can add a brief mention of this issue on the
> "how to use xsltproc" section of the main libxslt web page.

If it is a so frequent trap, shouldn't the xsltproc behaviour be changed so that
the case is supported? Is there a case where a param value (provided in the
command line) should not be enclosed by " "? If not, I think it should be
checked that the param value is actually enclosed. If it is possible, maybe the
--help section should contain some more explanations for the --param option.
What do you think?

Anyway, thanks again.

BG