[xslt] How to use command line variables?

Hello,

I have a problem in setting variables in the command line of xsltproc. I
think it's a problem in the XSL stylesheet I use, but actually I don't
know. With XT and Xalan it works fine.

The problem is that when using:

xsltproc --param my-global-variable the-value file.xsl file.xml >
out.xml

with something like this in the file.xsl:

<xsl:value-of select="$my-global-variable"/>

The output isn't what is set in the command line (in fact it's empty).

What's wrong? I attach an example that produces the problem. Just do
'make clean all' to run xsltproc on the example.

Thanks in advance,
BG

libxslt-pb.tar.gz