Re: [xml] If libxml2 headers refer to libxml/*.h, why is it installed into libxml2/libxml?

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 12:45 AM Jefferson Carpenter  wrote:
I just built libxml2 and am compiling against it, but am getting this error:

    /Users/jcarpen/local/include/libxml2/libxml/tree.h:17:10: fatal error: 'libxml/xmlversion.h' file not found

Please tell us the full compiler invocation, otherwise we can't figure out what's going on.

Merely building libxml doesn't put the headers in a place where user programs can find it. You may need to run "make install" too (usually a root, or via sudo).

tree.h contains "#include <libxml/xmlversion.h>". If /Users/jcarpen/local/include/libxml2 is not on the compiler's include search path (e.g. via -I/Users/jcarpen/local/include/libxml2) then the compiler won't find it.

Csaba

--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler