Re: [xml] Degenerate case

Thank you for being so patient with me!

I did look at the XML grammar, but I only got far enough to suggest that the prolog was optional.  I should have continued on, but I was confused by the error message from LibXML2 ("Extra content at the end of the document") which seemed to indicate that it had (somehow) found a "document" and that it was then objecting to text coming after it.  I'm trying to take pains to ensure that the library is not presented with any text which isn't well-formed XML, so I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong.

Is it possible that the error message is wrong?  (I concur that my text is erroneous, but it would be helpful if the error message were pertinent.)

     Thanks, again!

            Webb