Re: [xml] Entering freeze for release of libxml2-2.9.9

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 23:12:13 +0100
Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer aevum de> wrote:

On 23/11/2018 22:38, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
On 23/11/2018 20:51, Shlomi Fish wrote:
I am getting a failure in one of the tests of
https://github.com/shlomif/perl-XML-LibXML - it works fine with 2.9.8:

Can you check if it's caused by one of the following commits?

Nevermind, it's this commit:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/commit/bfec41b3de1cbd35e547b57c80ae3a5101f8891c

It seems that XML::LibXML implements its own workaround for
xmlTextReaderNextSibling only being supported on preparsed documents:

https://github.com/shlomif/perl-XML-LibXML/blob/master/LibXML.xs#L8667

The function now claims to work without preparsed documents, so the
workaround isn't used. But apparently there's problem with the commit. I'm
CC'ing the author. If we can't get this fixed, let's revert.

Nick

thanks for investigating!