[xml] No output when using xmlNewTextWriterFilename in example

Hi,
My platform is OS X(10.12.6) and I tried to compile the code for using the xmlWriter code.
I find that it compiles fine and runs, however, there is not output(debug area in Xcode is empty).

Just to simplify, I changed the logic only to write the file(commenting out the other types).

http://xmlsoft.org/examples/testWriter.c

Any clues as to what I am missing?
There seem to be no errors when running, however, there's no output.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth