Re: [xml] Patch to guard #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

On 09/11/2017 16:58, Roumen Petrov wrote:
It is more correct do not define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN in libxml and/or libxslt code. Better is configure.ac and respective configuation file for msvc to define such macro.

Why? Personally, I try to avoid defining macros on the command line wherever possible because it's action at a distance and inflexible. In my opinion, it's more robust to define the macro in code, having a single source of truth. Note that we only define the macro in .c files, so users including the public headers won't run into conflicts. I'm aware that there is a bit of redundancy right now because the macro is defined every time we include windows.h but this could be worked around.

Chromium is an exception since they integrate a static build of the library, but `configs -= [ ... ]` seems like a simple solution.

Nick