Re: [xml] Issue with UTF8Toisolat1

On Thu, 2017-04-20 at 09:20 +0000, Stéphane Michaut wrote:

[...]

try to read an XML file which contains properly UTF-8 formatted
character from French accented character (È for 'È').
Since I used isolat1ToUTF8 to write this character to xml file, I
though I simply have to use UTF8Toisolat1 when reading the file in
order to retrieve my French character 'È'.

But it doesn't work well : I am getting a \310 char when I display
the string out of  UTF8Toisolat1 (all non special characters are well
retrieved yet).

310 (octal) is the ISO 8859-1 code point for an E with grave accent, so
this is correct.

How are you printing it or inspecting the result to see \310 instead of
È?

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam holoweb net>