Re: [xml] parse error on MVS - Start tag expected, '<' not found

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Stéphane Michaut <smichaut axway com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to parse a buffer that contains an XSD document using
xmlParseMemory on MVS. I have the following error

Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

%

^

It seems the buffer, hence the file, is not well formed: it doesn’t begin
with the expected ‘<’ character…

The file is UTF-8 and when looking inside with hex on, it looks fine: the
first character is ‘<’ encoded as 4C, which is it’s EBCDIC representation.

I don't get this sentence. UTF-8 and EBCDIC are mutually exclusive
(they are both methods of representing characters with numbers).

Csaba