Re: [xml] 2.9.3 exhibits strange behaviour when given external entity files

Hi again,

>   libxml2 does not fetch external entities unless asked for since
> it is a security hazard, unless you trust the source.

Okay, then that part of my observations was ~useless.

In any case, the bigger issue is that I get back invalid XML from
xmllint now (which I did not get 2.9.1 before). I.e.:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE example PUBLIC "example" "http://example.org"; [
 <!ENTITY % myentities SYSTEM "entities.ent"> %myentities;
 ]>
 <example>
  <title>Test</title>
 </example>

becomes

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE example PUBLIC "example" "http://example.org"; [
> <!ENTITY % myentities SYSTEM "entities.ent">
> ]>
> <example>
>  <title>Test</title>
> </example>

Best regards,

Stefan.

SUSE Linux GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard,
Graham Norton. HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)