Re: [xml] 2.9.2: XInclude and ID already defined

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 10:01:08AM +1000, Michael Day wrote:
Hi,

In libxml 2.9.2 there are now error message if IDs are repeated in
separate XIncluded documents. eg.

<root xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
<xi:include href="inc1.xml"/>
<xi:include href="inc2.xml"/>
</root>

where inc1.xml and inc2.xml both look like this:

<root xml:id="foo"/>

xmllint will give this error message:

doc.xml:1: element root: validity error : ID foo already defined

This error was not present in previous versions of libxml2, and it seems
to have incorrect details, eg. it does not really occur on line 1 of
doc.xml.

Michael

  Yup that's a regression I introduced fixing yet another entity
expansion problem, I looked at it and didn't find an easy solution
and that had been on the backburner since, sorry ...

Daniel

--
Prince: Print with CSS!
http://www.princexml.com