Re: [xml] Strange 0x0a char popping in generated XML

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:30:01PM +0000, Jean-Philippe Jacoupy wrote:
Hello,

I'm using libxml2 and I have a strange behaviour.

I'm creating a full document in memory (using xmlTextWriter with a xmlBuffer).

I have called xmlTextWriterSetIndent with 0 as parameter.

Whenever I get the buffer content (once I have called
xmlTextWriterEndDocument) I get strange 0x0a inserted:
 - 1 after the xml header
 - 1 after the end of the xml document

  It's not strange, that a new line character, which is present
as non-significant white space and will be ignored by XML parsers
and hence the whole tool chain consuming the output.

Daniel

I'm under Windows compiling with VS2008 against LibXML2 version 2.7.2

PS:
- As I searched the code of the libxml2, at the end of the
xmlTextWriterStartDocument function I have found this:

count = xmlOutputBufferWriteString(writer->out, "?>\n"); (L. 617)

Shouldn't the '\n' be prefixed by a if (writer->indent) ?

 - Found the other one in xmlTextWriterEndDocument I have found:

if (!writer->indent) { (L. 701)

instead of

if (writer->indent) {

as done in all the file.