[xml] LIBXML MINGW GCC compilation errors

Dear all,
Guess I was linking to the libxml2_a.lib files. This is G++ on Linux. Since I'm compiling on Windows 7
professional, I changed the linking of my project to libxml2.lib in
Code Blocks. Now the project will compile but it won't run. When I run the EXE I get this error:

"The application was unable to start correctly. Click ok to close the application"
Since I'm running the exe from within Code Blocks, I get one more message after the application terminates:

Process terminated with status -1073741634 (1 minutes, 44 seconds)

Please let me know how to get past this error.

Thanks in advance!

--Maz