Re: [xml] XPath on a subtree

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 07:11:35PM +0000, Alex Bligh wrote:
BTW the xml is generated so that should be discarded from the
patch,

That's strange. It appears in git and has a history.
  https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/tree/doc/libxml2-api.xml

How does one regenerate it (as the normal build process
didn't)?

  Ah, well usually I do this only at release times, but it can
be useful when developping a patch too, so have a look at
doc/apibuild.py

  It is a large bit of rather ugly Python, but it scans the .h
files, the .c files, and generate a formal API description of
all exported entry points and structures:
  doc/libxml2-api.xml

From there a number of other things are generated such as the
online docs, checks for the exported symbol files, python
bindings ...

doc/ is been exported as the website for the project, so what
you see online reflects the documentation for what is foudn in git,
and what you see on your hard drive (if you installed the developments
bits) is what corresponds to your released version.

  Those are non-standard practices of libxml2 development
and I reused them into libxslt and libvirt :-)

Daniel