Re: [xml] possible bug with '<xs:pattern value="[^\r\n\f]*" />' ?

* dave c wrote:
I'm creating an app that will be used to author a UIRibbon binary. The
ribbon source is written in standard XML and validated against a
microsoft schema. The schema works well with msxml but I'd prefer to use
libxml if I can. However the schema fails to parse when using
xmlSchemaParse, it fails at '<xs:pattern value="[^\r\n\f]*" />' with an
error saying that its not a valid pattern. If I remove the \f control
code it parses ok.

The form feed control character is not allowed in XML and wasn't allowed
in XML Schema regular expressions either last I checked. I've asked the
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2006Jan/0052.html
relevant Working Groups to address that problem, but they could not be
bothered to do anything about this problem. Certainly, `\f` is not here:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#nt-SingleCharEsc>.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern hoehrmann de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de