Re: [xml] runtest mystery bug: name2.xml error case regression test

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 03:15:38AM -0400, Daniel Richard G. wrote:
I got a VM of FC17 up and running, and the test passes for me every
time there too. Try as I might, I can't make it fail.

  okay, it's not just my setup then

At this point, I'm not sure *what* I have. The test fails
consistently on my work desktop (Ubuntu 11.10), yet if I build on an
11.10 live desktop with the same compiler, it works. If I copy over
the binary from my work system to the live desktop, it fails. But if
I copy that same binary to the FC17 VM, it works. (Note that other
systems at my office, with older versions of Ubuntu, give the same
error; it's not just my machine.)

If there were a good way of getting an execution trace, I could do a
diff between what's happening on my system versus on FC17. Doing
"step" in a loop in GDB doesn't work, however, returning clearly
bogus results (e.g. a call to __xmlRaiseError() that doesn't occur
in a normal debugger run).

  ah, that's what I would have suggested to try out, damn ...

This will have to be left unresolved for now, until/unless I can get
a better handle on it :-(

  I could try to put Ubuntu on a VM too and see what is going on.
Did you manage to isolate what specific test is failing, doing the
same through xmllint command line test might be easier to debug,

Daniel