Re: [xml] open libxml2 crash bugs in lxml's bug tracker

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 04:27:42PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 10:49:13PM +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lxml/+bug/502959

-> segfault when parsing docbook XML with several external entities

I haven't managed so far to take a closer look (except for reproducing them
with a stock lxml), so I'm dumping them here for now (sorry).

  that is way more complex, I'm still pulling hairs about it :-(
I can reproduce it if I remove my local docbook catalogs and run
something like

thinkpad:~/XML/diveintopython-5.4/xml -> ../../xmllint --loaddtd --noout --noent diveintopython.xml

 this has to do with entities using entities and failures among them.
if there is no failure because the DocBook DTD can be found locally
it goes through without troubles.

  finally got that one, fairly convoluted, fix is in git
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/commit/?id=28f5e1a2d6d9c1742b7daa305501bbe01a5753ab

  thanks for raising the issue ;-)

Daniel