[xml] Bug 677606 - ICU_LIBS should be handled as LIBADD, not as LDFLAGS, to prevent linking errors ?????

Hello,

Now the correction is repository I agree with new substitute ICU_LIBS - it is really related to libtool.

Lets see impact on configuration where libtool is not involved yet.

For instance lets test configuration like --with-lzma=/path_to_lzma and to review config.log :
configure:12479: checking for lzma_code in -llzma
configure:12504: gcc -o conftest -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -I/path_to_lzma/include conftest.c -llzma -L/path_to_lzma/lib >&5
Path to library is after library.

Before correction line was "gcc -o conftest -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -I/path_to_lzma/include -L/path_to_lzma/lib conftest.c -llzma >&5"

So what about non gnu linkers ? If I remember well on some unixes precedence is important .
It seems to me configure check is not correct and is not related to issue.

Roumen