Re: [xml] relative xpath matches nodes anywhere in tree

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 14:51 +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:

  One of the reasons why that initialization of the context is not
specified in the XPath standard is due to the fact that the standard was
done with the intent to be reused (by XPointer/XLink and XSLT) and we
didnt really expected it to be used as is...

It's been improved a lot for XPath 3 - this is one of the reasons the
spec is so much larger, that it has been made more precise.

If you're looking at the xpath stuff in xmllint, by the way, it could
really use an option to bind a URI name to a prefix... (I am too maxed
out to send a patch, I'm sorry - maybe in August)

Liam