Re: [xml] is libxml2 library thread safe

On 23.01.2012 10:36, Alex Bligh wrote:

--On 23 January 2012 10:11:58 +0100 "Martin B." <0xCDCDCDCD gmx at> wrote:

libxml2 is thread-safe after the library has been initialized with
xmlInitParser()

Is that really true? Are node attach and detach operations atomic in
their tree modifications? I don't think I would feel happy traversing
a tree whilst another thread was modifying it.

Nah. I just meant the basic operations. You can't safely modify the same tree from different threads without manual sync.

Sorry for the confusion.

(I'd still say the *library* is thread safe, in that all global state of the library is threading safe. I guess it depends what one means by "thread safe".)

br,
Martin