[xml] =?utf-8?q?Trying_to_serialize_compressed_XML_document?=

Hello, I'm using libxml2-2.7.8 compiled on Windows with zlib support. I'm trying to get a buffer with compressed XML document. I'm using xmlSetDocCompressMode(doc, 9); function. If I save the doc to a file using xmlSaveFormatFile(), it saves the compressed file fine. However when I'm trying to use xmlDocDump...() functions, the buffer is not compressed. I can see that there is xmlSaveFileTo() function, however I can't find any related documentation on this matter. All my attempts cause crashes. A code example would be much appreciated.