Re: [xml] Omitting subtrees while parsing

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 07:58:00AM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
In my library, liblouisutdml, I wish to parse an xml document and omit
certain subtrees during the parsing process tather than deleting them
afterwards. Is this possible? It could save a lot of memory.

  Parsing everything is mandatory per the spec. Building the tree
is not. If the reader had the ability to say "preserve that subtree"
you will early get what you want.
  http://xmlsoft.org/xmlreader.html#Mixing

Daniel