Re: [xml] Important: possible incompatible changes ahead for 2.9.0 !

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 11:15:30AM +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
Daniel Veillard, 06.08.2012 09:00:
   I have put a snapshot tarball libxml2-2.9.0-rc0.tar.gz (and rpms)
for people to have a try and raise issues with this change

One minor issue: I think you forgot to regenerate the documentation for the
above tar ball. I just noticed it because I routinely parse the HTML files
of new releases to generate the list of error constants in lxml, and the
archive above didn't add any new ones, despite having a new category
"XML_FROM_BUFFER" in the header files.

  yes, defintely. I knew this but I wasn't sure how much work will be
  needed, because there is new APIs etc ... I think I will make an rc1
snapshot next week where this, the API xml and the symbol files will be
fixed.
  BTW the error constants and such things should rather be extracted
from libxml2-api.xml rather than doing HTML data extraction :-)

Daniel