 A : michael jerusalmi steria com, xml gnome org
 De : "Eric S. Eberhard" <eric vicsmba com>
 Date : 12/04/2012 20:16
  Objet : Re: [xml] Help to write an element with an attribute
 =======================

 My question is why not just use the tree API?  I have found little value
in the Writer API.  In theory you can make larger files because you
don't have all the "stuff" in memory.  Having said that, we exchange
data with a LOT of different people and have discovered that almost
nobody unsophisticated can parse the output from even a large tree, let
alone something huge you could make with the writer.  When we do large
dumps (say an entire inventory listing with 100,000 SKUs with prices,
quantities, catalog info, etc) we just break and make a new file every
1000 records or so, thereby making it possible for people parsing with a
PC (or looking at it with an XML reader) to use our files.    The tree
API also allows non-serialized XML creation allowing you to go back and
add things, delete things, make changes, etc.  It is a lot more
flexible.  The writer is simply like writing it to disk directly -- the
tree API is a linked list in memory with a lot of flexibility.  In the
VERY rare cases where somebody needs a HUGE file instead of a bunch of
little ones I find it easier to still make the little ones and then
write a very simple program to input the files.  On the first one only
include the header and root element, on the last one only include the
ending root element, all others strip both.  It takes very few lines of
code, and can easily be implemented to write to a TCP/IP port.  Eric