[xml] LibXML Incorrectly Parses Tables by Omitting Implied TBODY

According to HTML 4†, HTML5‡, and all the browsers I have tested* (including Firefox, IE7/8/9, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android, iOS):

- No <table> should be without a <tbody>.

and if no <tbody> was manually defined, implies that a <tbody> element was
just created as well (as the parent of this and all subsequest <tr>s).

LibXML, however, seems happy to parse <tr> elements as if they were direct children of a table.

This is simply wrong, nonstandard, and incompatible with user agents.

It is creating a headache for me because CSS / XPath selections will  not act as expected, and in an asymmetrical way with regards to actual users' browsers.

Can we get this to be considered a bug?

After all, it’s not that the document author declared there was no
tbody. Wittingly or no, they implied its presence; LibXML is simply failing to
make the correct inference.

Thanks,
Alan Hogan
alanhogan<at>gmail