Re: [xml] libxml2-2.7.8 and MinGW

Earnie wrote:
Roumen Petrov wrote:
Earnie wrote:
Earnie wrote:
I've been building libxml2-2.7.8 and have been having a heck of
a time getting xmlcatalog to work with a shared DLL library.
I've finally confirmed that the issue is caused by optimizations
with -O2 or -O1. If I use -O0 the issue goes away. The effect is
the xmlIsPubidChar_tab array is seen by xmlcatalog to contain all
0x00 values. I'm using GCC-4.6.1 and binutils-
as delivered by MinGW. I wanted give this list a report of what
I've found in the event others come by, they may have already.
hmm ,

Look like regression as it is fine with me for gcc/binutils: -
3.4.5/2.17.50 20070129 - 4.4.0/2.19.1

It was Kai Tietz who is active in GCC development for Windows and one of
its maintainers who pointed me to the issue resolution.

See for the

The attached small patch resolves this issue.

It was however suggested that XMLPUBVAR_DEF be created for the
'__declspec(dllexport) extern' and XMLPUBVAR_DEF be used in the
header fiel while XMLPUBVAR be used in the code. Since XMLPUBVAR
isn't used in the code I chose the simpler patch. The patch also
removes some warnings I was seeing during the build.
Please post at least one for information.
If the post link to the thread doesn't give you enough please let me
know what else you need.

Adding the list back to the post.

It seems Gmane has lost the thread index, use this search link instead.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]