Re: [xml] question about how to set namespace in libxml

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:37:29 +0800
Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
An: xml gnome org
Betreff: Re: [xml] question about how to set namespace in libxml

  No basically the fact that the document is not namespace aware
should not change the way it's parsed, basically the missing xmlns
should not affect parsing :
  - document is returned (it's well formed, not a fatal error)
  - a namespace error is issued (but application can ignore it)
  - the names generated in the document should use foo:bar

 the parser works for 1/ and 2/ but fails on 3/ and I think it's a
regression, but I don't know when it was introduced.

Thanks, good to know.

  Basically the document is not namespace well-formed. I think that
parts where the namespace is found should be reported adequately,

"Reported adequately", I'm not quite sure what that means.

part where the namepspace is missing the original name with the column
should be passed to the application (along with the error of course !)

Sounds like a hybrid mode to me, but I'm probably misunderstanding.

 From a spec POV it's a grey area because the APIs aren't defined and
and document is well-formed but not namespace well-formed, but I don't
see why one behaviour should be mandated rather than another one (except
the document is 1.0 WF so must parse fully)

Thanks for your insightful answer.

Best,

Michael