Re: [xml] libxml2-2.7.8 and MinGW

Roumen Petrov wrote:
Earnie wrote:
Roumen Petrov wrote:
Earnie wrote:
[SNIP]

As discussed on the MinGW list here are the patches for both libxml2 and
libxslt adorning dllexport with extern for both __CYGWIN__ and
__MINGW32__.

During the discussion on the MinGW list we discovered the following bit
of information about dllexport:

From:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y4h7bcy6.aspx

The use of dllexport implies a definition, while dllimport implies a
declaration. You must use the extern keyword with dllexport to force a
declaration; otherwise, a definition is implied.

And now with attachments.

About libxslt patch:
Changes in  libexslt/exsltexports.h and libxslt/xsltexports.h break
static only build.

How should that happen?  I'll check it out soon.

Update in tests/plugins/testplugin.c is fine.  In addition for mingw*
hosts attached "0001-build-test-plugin-for-mingw-host.patch" is required :
  WIN32_EXTRA_LDFLAGS add no-undefined and this will allow plugin to be
build as shared library and test pass.

And this one.  Note -no-undefined is a libtool option while
--no-undefined is an ld option which is on by default for MinGW.

--
Earnie
-- https://sites.google.com/site/earnieboyd/