Re: [xml] conversion to non-scalar type error

Earnie wrote:
I'm having the following issue related to pthread-win32 which implements
pthread_t as a structure.

/usr/src/libxslt-1.1.26/xsltproc/testThreads.c: In function 'main':
/usr/src/libxslt-1.1.26/xsltproc/testThreads.c:203:6: error: conversion
to non-scalar type requested
[SNIP]
yes and no
1) libxml does not support pthread woe emulation and right configure option is --with-threads=win32 2) according to discussion on mingw.org pthread-win32 will be used only internally for gcc and will not be exposed to users
3) attached 0001-minimal-mingw-support.patch
a) ignore pthread.h detection for mingw* hosts (my build environment contain installed pthread-win32 package) b) local fix to my build environment where I use build against sources where I use --with-libxml-src. this part is not finished

so 3.a) will depend from 2.

As project manager please could you confirm that mingw.org project will provide pthread-win32 package for public use ?

Next step is to port libxslt therad test to native implementation and in future to port libxml&libxslt to pthread-win32 as alternative implementation.

Could you confirm that libxml work for you with pthread-win32 ?

Regards,
Roumen