From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 7:48 AM
To: Floodeenjr, Thomas
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: correct version of libxml2

  Hi Thomas,

 thanks for getting back to me on this issue, and in the proper forum !

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 01:30:30PM +0000, Floodeenjr, Thomas wrote:
Daniel,

I believe you are correct. I found out that our code works with libxml2-2.7.2, but started to crash in
2.7.3. I traced it down to a small change in threads.c:921 in 2.7.3:

#elif defined HAVE_PTHREAD_H
    if ((libxml_is_threaded)  && (pthread_key_delete != NULL))
        pthread_key_delete(globalkey); #endif

If I comment out the pthread_key_delete() call, our crash goes away. For expediency, I am doing this now.
However, we would like to track down why we are crashing.

  How did you end up calling xmlCleanupThreads() where that code is done.
It sounds very likely that you are calling xmlCleanupParser() while still using the library, and well in that
case the crash is normal !
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlCleanupParser

see the documentation, you should call this function only once libxml2 is not in use anywhere in the
application, which those days is very had to assert. Simplest is to just not call it.

Daniel