[xml] libxml causes crash on windows

Hi there,

on windows xp with vs 2008 I'm using libxml 2.7.7 (the binaries from xmlsoft.org website).

I have some third party app loading a plugin dll and running init(), do(), done() functions,
and unloading the plugin dll. In my plugin dll I try to use libxml, and when I do, everyhing
works fine except the 3rd party app crashes after everything is done.

my init contains:
        xmlInitParser();
        LIBXML_TEST_VERSION

and my done has:
        xmlCleanupParser();

and I can keep those in - with that alone everything works fine, and stays stable.

but as soon as my code tries to use some libxml functionality, in the end the 3rd party app
crashes. I reduced the code to this single line, it is enough to cause the crash:
        doc = xmlParseMemory((char *)card_data, strlen((char *)card_data) + 1);

whether I xmlFreeDoc(doc); or not doesn't change anything.

of course I try to get support from the makers of the 3rd party app, as it is there code
that crashes, but well ...

so I wonder: did I do something wrong, like forgetting some initialisation or shutdown
code, or is there anything else I need to do? the plan is to use libxml in a way, so at
the end is everything like it was before - no need for stupid 3rd party apps to crash etc.

and: do I need to do anything special for the two libs used by libxml? (libz, libiconv)?
I'm not calling or using them myself, so I hope the xmlInitParser() and xmlCleanupParser()
takes care of those dependencies, is that right?

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Andreas