[xml] More libxml questions

1.  Can I statically link libxml2 into my code on any platform?
2. Does libxml2 work well with MSVC, or does it need to be within a mingw or similar environment?
3.  Is libxml2 C89 or C99?

I guess what I'm asking is: I have a project that is open-source and written in C99, using as little C99 and as much C89 as possible. It uses libcurl, and so only the portability of libcurl limits the portability of my project. If I start to use libxml, will that further reduce the portability of the project?

Richard