Re: [xml] LIBXML_THREAD_ENABLED and HAVE_PTHREAD_H mismatch

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:00:38PM +0200, Roumen Petrov wrote:
[SNIP]
Kwasi Mensah wrote:
I ran into the issue where HAVE_PTHREAD_H is defined but
LIBXML_THREAD_ENABLED wasn't. The fix was already submitted as per
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-August/msg00136.html  .

Out of curiosity, is there a reason this patch didn't get into that main
line?

This is with libxml2 2.7.8 on Mac OS X. I ran the configure script but

[SNIP]
In summary :
- gcc -pthread defines _REENTRANT on linux
- gcc -pthread does not define preprocesor macros on FreeBSD and OS
X(darwin).

I guess other BSDs to be similar as FreeBSD.
No Idea how to resolve properly issue.

The proper solution would be to:
- get rid of the #if's in xmlversion.h.in and
- set one threads variable in configure.ac when using threads and
- *if* that variable is set, set an additional variable in
  configure.ac specifying which threads type is used

Roumen

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.