I know this issue might have been asked a thousand times over, but I am not able to resolve the issue. My situation is this.
1. I have an xml file called b.xml whose encoding attribute is UTF-16. (attached along with this email)
2. I embed this file as a resource into my visual studio project.
3. When the project starts up, I read this file into a variable and need to pass it to Libxml2 to parse. How do I accomplish it?
1. I cannot read the file into a char* as this file contains wide characters. So I load them on to a wstring. After which I realized Libxml2 constraints of not allowing wchar strings. So I am trying to convert my wchar* to char* .
2. Again I have 2 options here : either bad cast it or use WidetoMultiByte to convert to char*. I did both of them.
3. After this, I called XmlReadMemory API in which I understand I can specify the encoding. I gave NULL and UTF-16 in 2 separate attempts.
4. At the end of it, I cannot correctly parse and I get a NULL xmlDocPtr. Any ideas on how should I go about solving this?