[xml] About libxml2 and XML 1.1

Hello,

We are successfully using libxml2 (2.7.3) in our product and we recently got some test files which are in XML 1.1.

While libxml2 appears to parse the file correctly it complains that it does no support that version of XML (parser warning : Unsupported version '1.1').

So I assume libxml2 implements XML 1.0 but not 1.1. What are the parts of 1.1 missing support in libxml2? What is that I should expect to break while reading XML 1.1 documents?

I am not familiar with the differences between XML 1.1 and 1.0, so if someone can enlighten me with respect to libxml2 that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Diego

--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD