Re: [xml] libxml violates the zlib interface and crashes

On Jan 19, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
Since the old cod is the same it should be safe too so I'm pushing that patch.

Daniel,

Excellent, thanks!  I get the impression that it is common to read xml from an http server with gzip
compression.  So if zlib is updated and libxml is not, this should be detected pretty quickly and diagnosed
easily, resulting in libxml being updated.  In fact, maybe this is sneaky sort of benefit to libxml that
encourages users to get the latest version.

Mark