[xml] Child Traversing loop runs twice

Hi

I am new to libxml2 and intend to use it in my application which will run on embedded windows/ linux. I was trying to get hold of some common xml parsing routines and there is an interesting observation which I cannot resolve. although the xml I am parsing is a bit more elaborative but the observation persists on simple xml like this also.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<CAST>
    <a />
    <b />
    <c />
</CAST>

xmlDocPtr doc;
xmlNodePtr topcur;
.
.
doc = xmlParseFile(ansiSTR);
.
.
topcur = doc->children;//xmlDocGetRootElement(doc);//At <CAST>
.
.

topcur=topcur->children;
while(topcur != NULL){
    printf("%s\n",topcur->name);
    topcur=topcur->next;
}

Output expected is:

Actual Output:
text
text
text
text

The loop for child traversing runs twice. I cant figure this out . Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

thanks
Sid