Re: [xml] inconsistent behavior by "xmlChildElementCount()"

Hello,

This is my first posting, but I've been using 'libxml2' on Linux for about a year. During some of my recent testing, I've encountered something that appears to be a problem. While parsing what should be a valid XML document from a 'c' program (not "c++), I've found that the "xmlChildElementCount()" function returns an erroneous child element count for certain documents. Below is one such document (I've added line numbers on the left column - these are not a part of the XML document):

1 <?xml version="1.0"?> <methodCall>
2 <methodName>filtermap.add</methodName>
3 <params>
4 <param>
6 </param>
7 <param name="input">