Re: [xml] libxml and backslash in dtd

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:39:32PM +0530, srikrishnan wrote:
Hi All,

I am using libxml module in my perl script to parse XML files against it DTD. For all my DTDs my script
works perfectly. But in the case of one DTD, backslash has been used throughout the DTD for defining
Entities path. Because of that I am not able to get parsed my XML files using that DTD.

  the system identifier is an URI reference, and then its mapping to
file:// URIs should use / to indicate directories, taht's the standard.

Also i have no rights to change the DTD from backslash to forwardslash, because customer will keep on
sending updating DTDs everytime.
Is there any way to over come this problem?

 Try to set up a catalog remapping your old system identifiers to new
ones, see http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html and the XML Catalog spec
at OASIS, this trick may work, but the the source DTDs are broken.

Daniel