Re: [xml] HTML, XPath and the id() function

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 05:13:28PM -0700, Aaron Patterson wrote:
I'm seeing a strange behavior when using the id() xpath function with
HTML documents.  If the HTML document contains a DOCTYPE, the id()
function works as expected.  If the HTML document does not contain a
DOCTYPE, the id() function does not work (even with document
correction enabled).  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I've written a short example to illustrate the problem here (I'm using
libxml2 2.7.5):

    http://gist.github.com/209686

  Hum, good point, I just commited a fix for this in git head, a
1 line fix in xmlIsID()

  thanks for the report !

Daniel