Re: [xml] [Fwd: Resolving entity references from a DTD using SAX parser]

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 09:36:06AM +0100, Rachael Churchill wrote:
Hi Daniel

Thanks very much for your reply about DTDs and SAX.

Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Why SAX and why not the XML Reader ? I saw your mail, and my 10s
attention span was reduced to why do they absolutely need SAX if they
are using Entities declaration in the DTD.

Does the XML Reader API do HTML too? I couldn't find anything saying it
does or it doesn't. We need to parse both XML and HTML.

Hum, no. Though there is nothing really specific which would not work
with HTML. Actually you could parse the HTML normally, and use
xmlReaderNewWalker() on the doc to have a reader working on an html
file, but that requires to fully parse it.
Adding HTML support would probably as simple as just creating the 4
new entry points htmlReaderNew... like their xml counterparts
and just calling the HTML initialization instead.

Daniel